HOW TO INSTALL THEMES ON WINDOWS
There are different installations types based on the type of theme you have got.
BY SIMPLY COPYING:
These type of themes only change the appearance and do not require replacing system files.
Run the Theme Patcher in Administrative mode (right-click “Run as administrator”)
UAC must be turned off.
After patch, restart the computer to take effect.
Extract contents of the theme into C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
and double-click on icon of theme.
open the personalization window and choose the color proprieties “see the color”.
BY TAKING OWNERSHIP OF FILES:
0. To use any 3rd party VS your system must be patched first. If it’s not already, use UniversalThemePatcher
1. Install Theme Resource Changer.
Navigate to \Theme You Want\Tools\Theme Resource Changer\ and install right version for your system.
It is a fantastic tool, you wont need to change any of the system files manually, After it is installed all you have to do is select the theme and it will automatically change Control panel panes, Start button and back/forward, search buttons in Windows Explorer. These changes are not permanent(when you change the theme everything is back to default) and you wont have to edit any system files.
2. Extract everything from Theme folder to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\
3. Select the theme in Presonalization and you’re done.
4. To Take ownership of the system files follow this procedure:
- Navigate to system32 folder
- right click explorerframe.dll then click properties
- select security tab, click advanced
- select owner tab, click EDIT
- In “Change owner to” section select Your Username.
- Click OK twice and You ‘re back in properties window
- Click the EDIT button next to ” To change premissions click Edit text”
- Select Your username in “Group or user names” section,
- Check the FULL CONTROL box in the bottom section.
- Click OK and You’re done.
Now You can change the file. Backup the original first!
1. Download Universal Theme Patcher for Windows 7, XP & Vista.
2. Reboot Your Windows 7
3. Download the Themes then Double Click
4. Hit install button and u r done.
how to install themes on windows how to install window 7 themes how to install window vista themes how to install window xp themes install vista themes install window 7 themes install xp themes universal theme patcher window themes window xp theme patcher windows themes