Take ownership and make a backup of the uxtheme files, and replace the original with the ones from the Windows 8 CP Visual Style Patch archive
- restart your computer
- take ownership of the Themes folder, make a backup of the original aero.msstyle
- go in aero theme folder and then in the folder option to check the “show hidden files, folders, and drives” and to uncheck the “hide protected operating system files” to be able to see the hidden folder “VSCache”
- go intro VSCache folder and rename the Aero.msstyles_1033_96.mms to Aero.msstyles_1033_96.mms.BAK
- now you will have to go to Personalize and select High Contrast Theme
- after you apply the High Contrast Theme rename your aero.msstyle to aero.msstyle.BAK and copy the new aero.msstyle from my archive.
- now that you do all this steps go to Personalize and select the Windows Aro theme back and voila you have the new theme.